Wednesday, August 10, 2011

TART! - One more tart, 3 tarts all day.

That's my life right now... tarts. 

Chef: so you practiced this weekend?
Me: (i can't lie)  no, chef.
Chef: NO? but why not?
Me: I don't have the equipment, chef.
Chef: but you can borrow zee equipment.

I needed those 3 days off.  Although a part of me actually did want to try the recipes at home, but as I confessed to Chef, I really didn't have the equipment.  or the ingredients. 

Additionally, my agenda was booked.  I rested my feet.  Maybe that's why I'm still so perky tonight.  I even took the dog for a jog - not just a walk - but a jog around the block when I got home. 

We are now in week 2.  I've had 3 full days of preparing 2 mixers worth of triple recipes of pizza dough.  And subsequently rolling out 32 thin rectangular shapes.  They're still not perfectly even, but they are much more uniform than last week's doughs.  The rhythm is down.  They are looking good, and at the end of the night, they all baked up perfectly. 

Next:  Gotta work on my speed.

At least I wasn't panicked or rushed - but it's such a tedious task that I want it over with as quickly as possible so I can move on to something more interesting.

Oh - and we got these gorgeous new aprons with the Ludo rooster logo silk screened on the front.  It has pockets too!  I'd post a picture, but it's in the wash right now.  why?  yep, it was covered in flour.

No comments: