Friday, April 15, 2011

Day 1 - Family & such


Originally written April 9, 2011

Nothing screams “welcome home” louder, bolder, better than a bright blue sky, and sunny perfect weather.  That means I was able to wear a light blouse & jeans - and I neither felt a chill with any breeze, nor did i get sweaty under the sun.  Must have been about 78 (that would be somewhere in the 25 range if you’re counting in celsius).  
Being the SoCal girl that I am (read: weather wimp) - my range of acceptable weather is 68-88 degrees… and no humidity.  Apparently, Los Angeles hasn’t been doing all too well since that last photo I posted last week - and was only in the mid-50’s today.  
I had the obligatory rendez-vous with family at a sidewalk cafe called Moroni on the Calle Doctor Fleming. My coffee of choice? The Americano, naturally.  
Connectivity issues have been resolved.
Jet lag is being conquered.
The contents of my suitcases, which had been unceremoniously belched all over my room have been put away neatly.  
I’m ready to hit the town, and start scratching that wanderlust itch that plucked me from my comfort zone of my Los Angeles bubble.  
Photos to come soon! I promise.  At the moment - I’m just trying to get adjusted. 

No comments: