Thursday, April 21, 2011

Some Like It Hot

Found...

You know how hard it is to find hot sauce in this town?  It's true, I have a high tolerance for spicy food, but I have yet to flinch when the server has said "cuidado, es muy picante!".  I was practically pouring the Cholula on my (weak excuses for) tacos this afternoon, and you don't know how happy I was to find the Chile de Arbol (just about every recipe from Suzanne Goin's Sunday Suppers at Lucques uses it - not that I have that book with me).

Still on my list of pantry staples that I'm wishing I had?  Sriracha (aka rooster sauce, for the logo), and crushed red pepper flakes... If it's not raining tomorrow, I'll use this as an excuse to go and discover a new area of town.  And If I get myself a map, I can start marking down the culinary hot spots.

There is no lack of Jamon in this city... there are pig's legs hanging around all over town (i'll get you some pictures tomorrow).  As for finding a steady dependable selection of herbs, greens, fruits and all those things i love - good luck.

No comments: