Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Taking the Girl out of Los Angeles


Uprooting… Many have done this before me… Take my parents for instance.   They have each lived in 4 different countries - some of their moves have been by choice. But not all. 
I’ve been lucky.  I’ve lived in Los Angeles all my life - and while it does have its drawbacks, I truly love this city.  From its mild and mostly pleasant weather, to the vast array of activities, food/restaurant choices, places to go, things to do… 
And now for something completely different.  Destination:  Barcelona.  Why? I decided to let go.  Let go of my possessions that possessed me (i really loved my Heywood Wakefield dining room set, my kooky quirky goose shaped lamp, my sea foam green Kitchen Aid stand mixer).  They’ve all been placed in good homes to hopefully bring happiness to those who now own them.  This process has been difficult but liberating at the same time.  
I’m free to roam.  Move about the world at my leisure.  Work? I’m resourceful.  I’ll figure something out. Friends? well, there’s Skype, Facebook and the rest - but I’m a social friendly girl - I get into conversations easily… I’ll make new ones.  
Am I scared?  Most definitely.  Excited? Hell yeah!

No comments: